Can I apply to switch my plan if I am currently in default?

Borrowers that are currently in default cannot switch to income-driven repayment plans without first going through a Federal student loan Direct Consolidation or through Federal Loan Rehabilitation.

Once you have completed your Direct Consolidation or Rehabilitation, we can submit your application for the new income-driven plan that you have selected!

In the interim, please find the links to the Federal government website for Direct Consolidation and Loan Rehabilitation above. It is our mission to service all student loan borrowers, and it is on our product roadmap to build a tool that will help guide you and other borrowers through Direct Consolidation and Loan Rehabilitation in the future.

If you have any questions, please find us on Live Chat or email us at

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us